Saturday, January 21, 2012

Puuuurrrple


Hello hello! I had such a wonderful day today. Spent the whole day with my sweet Brian. He didn't even mind driving me across town so I could rummage through another Ulta's clearance rack. I picked up a few more polishes... oops...

Today we actually counted my stash. I have 127, without topcoats or treatments. I had no idea I had that many. And 12 of them came home with me today! Yay! Granted, three were Essence Color N Gos and three were from Brian, so I really didn't spend too much. It's so tough to stay budgeted! I'm sure many of you can relate. I work in retail and go to school full time, so I really have to be careful where my dollars end up.

1 coat of Kleancolor IT Purple, no topcoat

Anyway, on to the NOTD. I wanted to do a color I hadn't posted yet, so purple it is. I poked around in my stash and Kleancolor IT Purple made an impression, so that's what we have! Here it is with flash, indoor lighting.

How beautiful is it? So shimmery and lovely. And only one coat!

this one is a perfectly color accurate.







Then I stamped with China Glaze Magical, from the Romantique collection. I found it today and knew it had to come home with me. Stamped beautifully, though my ring finger looks like half is missing. Weird camera effect! haha. I used Konad plate m73 and my Konad stamper, but not the scraper. I prefer used gift cards so they don't scratch the plates. 

Then I used a coat of Seche Vite Quick Dry, but I must have applied it too early because it dragged the base color through the stamp and lost a lot of the effect. After it had dried I just re stamped, and I like the result. It's kind of 3D if you look really closely. 

Here's the inspiration for the title! This is my sweet Siamese, Lily. She's a few years old, and soft and silky like a mink. I adopted her from a shelter when she was 11 weeks old. Best purchase I ever made, polishes included!!

Lily, lazing around
I wonder if this tastes good...

What do you think? What are your latest buys and from where?

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day. :) 







2 comments:

  1. My latest buy was a Revlon from Rite Aid. I love digging through sale bins. That's a great purple. And Lily! Ahh! Does she have that amazing Siamese meow/talk thing? All the Siamese cats I have met have been vocal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we had a Rite Aid around here. Jealous! Lily is a biiig talker. She's always got something to say. And unlike many Siamese, she's a chunk! Eats eeeeverything! She has big blue eyes, but she didn't like the flash. I'll have pics of her regularly, plus my other babies. <3 Thank you for the comment by the way! :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you and will do my best to reply. Please keep things polite and respectful. If you have any questions please email me. Thanks!