Saturday, March 3, 2012

Kleancolor Teal Marble and Orly Rage

Hello lovely readers! I did this mani last night, when I had a little patience to spare after work. It was my first taping mani and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's definitely not perfect, but it was fun and I'll definitely be doing this again! I started with two coats of Kleancolor Teal Marble, a really pretty shimmery teal with iffy application. I had to reeeallly wait for it to dry before the second coat, and even then I had some dragging. I had great control, though- the brush was nice. After the second coat, I was very pleased. I did a coat of SV to make it less likely to budge after it was taped.

Then I taped off a random angle and I used one perfect coat of Orly Rage, a gorgeous rose gold foil. I loooove this polish, and thought it looked pretty cool and edgy with the teal. Then I used a crappy little brush (my striping brush is missing... hmm) and freehanded the black lines. I liked the way the black separated the colors. I really liked this mani! What do you think??


lamp light

the tape did weird things to my ring finger... lame.


Thank you all for reading! Happy Saturday evening!!!

-Rachael

4 comments:

  1. oooooooo, girrrrrrl! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks ladies!! I was pretty proud!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great first tape mani! I love the color combo and the black lines do really help separate the colors!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you and will do my best to reply. Please keep things polite and respectful. If you have any questions please email me. Thanks!